Shiseido launches limited-edition WSL sun protection, continuing commitment to marine conservation
Established in 2019, Shiseido Blue Project is a global effort to promote the protection of our ocean. Through this initiative, Shiseido and World Surf League (WSL) have collaborated on a series of activities that promote respect for our oceans. These activities include cleaning up beaches, coral restoration, leading global conservation campaigns like WSL One Ocean, and promoting ocean and sun-safe habits.
These new Shiseido sunscreens, perfectly timed for the summer, are powered by SynchroShield Technology. Get peak protection for active, outdoor activities with this lightweight, invisible protective veil that’s strengthened when it senses water, sweat or heat. These sunscreens provide protection against UVA and UVB rays, pollutants, and dryness.
SynchroShield Technology is comprised of:
• WetForce Technology: negative ions in the formula combine with positive ions in perspiration and water to create an additional layer of invisible sun protection. As you continue to sweat and get wet, the product becomes more effective without any white cast;
• HeatForce Technology: a heat-sensing essence in the lotion becomes activated by external heat, forming a stronger barrier.
The Shiseido formulas are:
• reef-friendly—free of oxybenzone and octinoxate;
• clear in application, without any residue;
• water and sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes;
• for face and body, good for all skin types;
• dermatologist-tested and ophthalmologist-tested;
Shiseido is a prestige brand that represents the Shiseido Group. Shiseido provides skin care, make-up, sun care and fragrance products in 85 countries and regions around the world.
At the core of this project is Shiseido sun care, which commercialized WetForce technology for the first time in 2015. This world-renowned French sunscreen emulsion was recognized with a prestigious Prix d’Excellence de la Beauté international award from Marie Claire magazine.